These Pumpkin Pie Parfaits have a velvety, creamy, deliciously spiced pumpkin pie filling, layered with pumpkin pie spiced Golden Oreo crumble then topped with a dollop of whipped cream!
I feel like we don’t get enough pumpkin pie. It seems unfair that such a delicious treat is only really served in the fall and maybe at Thanksgiving and Christmas. What’s up with that? If I were in charge (a scary thought, I’ll admit), I would ensure that pumpkin pie was served year-round. In that spirit, this recipe for pumpkin pie parfaits is a great snack to enjoy in every season.
One thing I love about this recipe is how easy it is. This is pumpkin pie for those of us who don’t have time to worry about pie crust. It’s the luscious, creamy pumpkin pie center with a little added cookie crumble for good measure.
And my goodness is that cookie crumble delicious. The Golden Oreo, with a little pumpkin pie spice, is the perfect complement in both taste and texture. Occasionally (when I’m not serving nut-allergic friends) I’ll add some pecans to that crumble as well.
This is a great recipe to service at dinner parties. Guests love it, and it’s a darn good looking dish too. “Pretty” and “delicious” are about the best adjectives you could ask for in a dinner party dessert.
Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
When to Make: This recipe is best prepared the day of serving. Spending a few hours in the fridge helps the dish to settle and solidify a little bit. This makes it convenient for parties. I can make the dessert a bit ahead of time and not have to worry, when I’ve got a million other things on my mind.
Storage: The dish lasts about 3 days in the fridge. Just make sure it’s in a sealed container.
Serving: If you don’t have parfait glasses, there are a bunch of other creative choices you could make. The easiest one is just to serve these parfaits in smaller dessert dishes like trifle dishes. That works and is super simple. For a more creative twist, try serving this recipe in mason jars or martini glasses!
Because you serve this recipe in individual servings, make sure to know how many guests you’ll be hosting. It would be awkward to be one parfait short!
Source: Gonna Want Seconds~Originally Published on Spend with Pennies
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Yield : Serves 6
- 30 Cookies Golden Oreos, Crushed
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoons Nutmeg
- Pumpkin Filling:
- 1 (15 Ounce) Can Pumpkin Puree
- 3/4 Cup Cold Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Cold Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 (3.4 Ounce~Each) Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Cup Prepared Whipped Cream
- In a small bowl, mix together all the crumble ingredients, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a hand held electric mixer, combine all the pumpkin filling ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon pumpkin filling into 1 gallon ziplock bag. Cut the corner off the bag.
- Assemble~Sprinkle 2-3 Tablespoons of cookie crumble in the bottom of individual parfait glasses, pipe about 1/4 cup layer of pumpkin filling over cookie crumbs. Repeat layers until glasses are full. Refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and serve.