Super moist, fudgy, Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies with an unusual ingredient that gives them a really amazing texture!
Have I ever told you how much I love Red Velvet…..I mean….. LOVE? Well, if I haven’t already gone in to detail….let me just say…I LOVE LOVE LOVE Red Velvet! The flavor….sweet, mild chocolate….a lil tangy….oh and the COLOR! Happy, joyous, bright, glorious REDDDD. It just makes me happy. You know, like I’m 8 years old at Disneyland and Tinkerbell fly’s across the night sky. That kind of HAPPY.
So, these Red Velvet Cream Cheese Crinkle Cookies are AH-MAZING! The cream cheese gives them the signature Red Velvet tang, but it also makes the cookies dense and fudgy in texture. The color is a lovely deep red and contrasts gorgeously with the white powdered sugar crackle. The flavor is, just the right amount chocolaty and, overall, wonderfully Red Velvet.
Source:The Little Kitchen
More Cookie Recipes!
Almond Joy Cookies -Delicious chewy cookies loaded with tender coconut and just the right amount of chocolate!
Monster Cookies -loaded with peanut butter, oats , and tons of GOODIES!
Cranberry Bliss Cookies -Delicious cookie base, cream cheese frosting, lots of cranberries and the white chocolate drizzle!
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 2 1/4 Cups Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs Large
- 2 Teaspoons Red Food Color
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1.In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside. 2. In a large bowl, mix butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add sugar and cream until light and fluffy; a couple of minutes. Add eggs, food color and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Gentle fold half the flour and cocoa mixture to the egg mixture until just incorporated, then fold in second half the same way. Place dough in the fridge for at least 4 hours. 3.Prehat oven to 350°F. 4. Form dough into 1 1/2 Tablespoon balls. Roll dough balls in powdered sugar and place on silpat lined cookie sheets. 5. Bake cookies in preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for approximately 15 minutes then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.