These moist, tender Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies are truly as good as they look. Too good to save for a special occasion – make a batch soon!
Oh, Red Velvet!!!!
Don’t you just love it?
The flavor, the color…..I just can’t get enough Red Velvet.
A few years ago, a sweet neighbor of mine, told me about this wonderful Red Velvet White Chocolate Cookie recipe her sister in law made for a family BBQ.
She went on and on.
Then on and on some more.
Then, when she invited my family over for a Sunday dinner, she asked me if I could bring dessert.
Guess what she asked me to bring….guess what recipe she faxed me…..that’s right.
These Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies 🙂
Everything she raved about was spot on.
These cookies are just the right amount of chocolate, tenderness and chewiness.
They’re wonderful 365 days of the year, but with their beautiful color, they the perfect go-to for Christmas, Valentines Day and Forth of July.
Source: Cooking Classy
More Cookie Recipes
Turtle Thumbprint Cookies -Crunchy and chocolatey with just the right touch of caramel!
Soft Batch Christmas M&M cookies – soft, fluffy, and chewy cookie the kids are sure to love!
Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Perfect fresh lemony taste with chocolatey goodness!
More Red Velvet Recipes….
Red Velvet White Chocolate Chips Cookies
These moist, tender Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies are truly as good as they look. Too good to save for a special occasion - make a batch soon!
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Red Food Coloring
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Plus More for Garnish White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a stand-up mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter and sugar on medium speed for 3-4 minutes or until pale and fluffy.
- Add vinegar and mix just until combined. Add the egg just until combined. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl. Add vanilla and red food coloring and combine.
- To the butter mixture, add half the flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Mix on low until just combined. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the mixing bowl. I took the paddle off to really dig down to the bottom. Add the rest of the flour and mix until everything is incorporated. Mix in the White Chocolate Chips.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment or Silpat mats.
- Roll dough into ping pong ball sized balls and place on prepared cookie sheets 2 inches apart. I did not flatten them.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. While the cookies are just out of the oven, gently push a few white chocolate chips into hot tops of cookies in a random pattern to garnish. Tip down is easiest.
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.