Super moist, fudgy, Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies with an unusual ingredient that gives them a really amazing texture!
Have I ever told you how much I love Red Velvet…..I mean….. LOVE? Well, if I haven’t already gone into detail….let me just say…I LOVE LOVE LOVE Red Velvet! The flavor….sweet, mild chocolate….a lil tangy….oh and the COLOR! Happy, joyous, bright, glorious REDDDD. It just makes me happy. You know, like I’m 8 years old at Disneyland and Tinkerbell fly’s across the night sky. That kind of HAPPY.
So, these Red Velvet Cream Cheese Crinkle Cookies are AH-MAZING! The cream cheese gives them the signature Red Velvet tang, but it also makes the cookies dense and fudgy in texture. The color is a lovely deep red and contrasts gorgeously with the white powdered sugar crackle. The flavor is just the right amount chocolaty and, overall, wonderfully Red Velvet.
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs large
- 2 teaspoons red food color
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powder sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add sugar and mix until light and fluffy; a couple of minutes. Add eggs, food color, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Gently fold half the flour and cocoa mixture to the egg mixture until just incorporated, then fold in second half the same way. Place dough in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Form dough into 1 1/2 Tablespoon balls. Roll dough balls in powdered sugar and place on Silpat lined cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for approximately 15 minutes then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Cookie Recipes!
- Almond Joy Cookies -Delicious chewy cookies loaded with tender coconut and just the right amount of chocolate!
- Monster Cookies -loaded with peanut butter, oats, and tons of GOODIES!
- Cranberry Bliss Cookies -Delicious cookie base, cream cheese frosting, lots of cranberries and the white chocolate drizzle!
More Red Velvet Recipes….
- Red Velvet Brownies
- Red Velvet Bundt Cake
- Red Velvet White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Red Velvet Cake Balls
Source: The Little Kitchen
[…] soon as I saw these posted on Gonna Want Seconds, I knew I was going to want to give these cookies a try. I have always loved the simple look of […]
RUTHANN RICHARDS says
Love how chocolate these cookies are and not so sweet…that is also a problem…they get eaten very quickly…soooo good. I sent 2 doz to a memorial service for a dear friend, they will be well received. Thank you for this recipe.
I’m so happy you enjoyed these cookies, Ruthann!!
Bunny Richards says
These revelvet crinkle cookies were made for my daughter in laws birthday, unfortunately we had to wait till after dinner out to bake them. Minutes after they cam out of the oven 8 were missing by the quick fingers of 4 people…..eaten by few, loved by all.
That’s so awesome, Bunny! Glad to hear everyone liked them! ?
In step 2 you say to add sugar and cream, but there is no cream listed in the ingredients
Hey Megan. There’s no cream in this recipe. I was using the word cream as a verb, like cream the ingredient is a bowl. I changed it to mix. So sorry for the confusion! Thank you for pointing it out to me. Let me know if you try these cookies. They’re wonderful <3
You are Red Velvet Queen!!! These are perfect for Valentines Day 🙂