Our Boursin Cheese Scalloped Potatoes Are Creamy, Deliciously, And Uniquely Buttery. They Have A Velvety Texture and A Rich Garlicy-Herb Flavor!
Scalloped Potatoes are one of my favorite foods in the world. I have lots of recipes for them. This recipe makes scalloped potatoes that are wonderfully rich, creamy and deliciously buttery. I’ve honestly never tasted their like. The Boursin cheese is the secret ingredient. It’s what really adds all the wonderful extra richness to this recipe. The recipe calls for using Boursin cheese with herbs and garlic so you get the added bonus of all the garlic and herb flavoring, as well creating a unique flavor, not found in any other scalloped potato.
Boursin cheese is a soft, creamy, spreadable cheese that is available in most grocery stores. Its texture is similar to whipped cream cheese. It comes in a variety of flavors and is obviously great in this recipe, or just used as a spread for crackers.
Boursin Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- 1-5 Ounce Package Boursin Cheese with Herbs And Garlic Broken Into Small Chunks
- 3 Pounds Russet Potatoes Peeled And Sliced
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Chives Chopped
- To Taste Salt
- To Taste Pepper
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees and arrange a rack in the center position. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add cream, half-and-half and Boursin cheese and heat over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture is smooth and cheese has melted. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- Arrange half the sliced potatoes in overlapping rows in the prepared baking dish. Generously season with salt and pepper and pour half the cream and cheese mixture evenly over potatoes. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cream mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are tender and the top is nicely browned about 55-60 minutes. Remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle with chives.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
Recipe Notes For Boursin Cheese Scalloped Potatoes:
This recipe is fairly straightforward. The Boursin cheese is stirred into a mixture of cream and half-and-half to make a luscious sauce that really makes these scalloped potatoes ROCK! The original recipe called for new red potatoes but I prefer it made with russet.