Bring the flavors of Italy to your kitchen table with this easy chicken Milanese recipe that’ll become a new favorite in the menu rotation. This Mediterranean chicken is one of the tastiest chicken recipes I’ve tasted, and the best part is that it’s an easy 30-minute dinner!
These are my other favorite Italian chicken recipes: Italian chicken, Italian dressing chicken, and creamy Tuscan garlic chicken. Check it out!
What I Love About This Recipe
These are the few things I love about this chicken recipe:
- Ready fast and totally scrumptious!!
- Made with simple ingredients
- Dinner ready in 30 minutes!
How To Make Chicken Milanese Recipe
Making a tasty Italian dinner is as easy as following this simple recipe and I’m gonna’ walk you through it!
Baking Option – You’ll need to prep a large, rimmed baking pan with a rack (I like to line the pan with foil too), then place the breaded chicken breasts on top of the rack. Bake in a 425-degree oven for 10 – 15 mins (without turning).
Using thin cut chicken breast is the key to an awesome chicken recipe. I like to tenderize the chicken breasts to an even consistency of about ¼ inch. This helps the chicken to cook evenly without being too chewy.
Cooking up a batch of scrumptious Milanese Chicken only requires a few simple kitchen staples. Here’s what ya’ need!
Flour – Dredging your chicken breasts in flour is the first step in the breading process.
Breadcrumbs – Mixing your breadcrumbs with parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning gives you a complete and insanely delicious breading. Using panko breadcrumbs allows the other flavors to shine through.
Storing your delectable chicken is as easy as sliding it into the fridge in an airtight container. To protect it from the air, it helps to lay a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the container before securing the lid. Sometimes I wrap mine in tin foil to save space in the fridge.
Can You Freeze Them?
Absolutely, This makes an awesome freezer meal! Simply slow thaw in the fridge and bake in a preheated oven on 400 degrees for about 7-9 minutes. You’ll only want to give it enough time to heat through and crisp up.
Make Ahead Tips
This is best enjoyed fresh, but it can be made ahead in a pinch. If necessary, you can whip up this up and slide it into the fridge in a covered container until you’re ready to heat and serve.
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
This will stay fresh and yummy for up to 4 days in the fridge. It’s best to let it cool completely before preparing for storage and reserve the FDA recommended 2-hour serving suggestion.
Here are some popular suggestions.
- If you’re craving potatoes, then you may enjoy a chicken murphy or chicken Vesuvio instead.
- Pasta is a popular sidekick to this, but you can also make chicken pasta salad. Making Olive Garden chicken alfredo means you’ve got a cheesy cream sauce to tie it all together.
- If the decadent flavor of this recipe inspires your inner Italian, then you may also enjoy chicken scarpariello or chicken primavera. Pesto chicken is another full-flavored favorite.
- If you’re thinking the Mediterranean while you’re cooking up your chicken, then you may also enjoy chicken Lombardy or chicken Marbella. Chicken francaise is another popular favorite.
- 4 chicken breast thin-cut, boneless. skinless
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon slices
- On a cutting board, place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of waxed paper. Using the smooth side of a meat mallet, lightly pound chicken breasts until they are a consistent 1/4 inch thick. Generously salt and pepper both sides of the chicken
- In 3 shallow dishes, add the flour to one, the eggs to another and the bread crumbs combined with the Parmesan cheese and dried Italian seasoning to another. dredge them 1 at a time in the flour, then quickly dunk both sides in the egg mixture and then coat both sides in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add 2 pieces of the chicken and brown until golden, 2-4 minutes per side; remove to a plate. Add the remaining butter and olive oil to the skillet and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Garnish chicken with parsley and serve with sliced lemons.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Mediterranean Chicken Recipes
Here are some other Mediterranean recipes you may enjoy!
- Chicken Gyro – authentic Mediterranean treat!
- Greek Chicken – Totally simple with a refreshing flavor.
- Balsamic Chicken – tender chicken in a tangy sauce.
- Italian Chicken Soup – a cozy, elegant meal for parties or home!
- Honey Balsamic Chicken – Vibrant, delicious, and slightly sweet.
Chicken Milanese is one of the most delicious weeknight meals that you can throw together in about half an hour. This wholesome dish is totally delicious and loved by all ages.
It’s a family favorite at my house and I’m sure it will be at your house too.
Super easy and quick to make. Whole family loved it and will add this to the meal rotation. Thanks for the easy directions!
Thank you so much, Kayla! It’s so crispy and easy to make, right? 🙂
Bruce Camobell says
Very well explained and a perfect recipe for thin chicken slices …
Thank you, Bruce!
Ruth Ward says
The directions don’t include what to do with the egg, flour and panko. I assume it’s for breading, but in what order? I’m going to try this, it sounds like a dish I had at an Italian restaurant, but it was smothered in fresh tomato/fresh basil/ balsamic vinaigrette.
Hi Ruth. Dredge them 1 at a time in the flour, then quickly dunk both sides in the egg mixture and then coat both sides in the breadcrumb mixture. <3
Hi! After Step 2 in the recipe, you’ll dip the chicken breast into the flour, then egg before coating it with bread crumbs. Hope this helps!
Can you bake the chicken too?
Hi, Cris. Yes. You’ll need to prep a large, rimmed baking pan with a rack (I like to line the pan with foil too), then place the breaded chicken breasts on top of the rack. Bake in a 425-degree oven for 10 – 15 mins (without turning).
Easy to cook and simple to make! Great Sunday dinner!
Thank you, JoAnn!! Glad you like it! Thanks for the rating too 🙂 <3
Phillip Anglin says
Kathleen, this recipe was a hit at my house. With the left over chicken patties, I am thinking about a chick BLT the next day. My whole tribe loves Gonna Want Seconds! Thanks for the inspiration. Phillip
Hi Phillip. You made my day! I hope you find lots more recipes you and your family enjoy! 🙂
This was both easy and delicious! Not wanting the same “old” chicken for dinner, this was a quick and easy fix.
Kathleen Smith says
Glad you enjoyed this recipe Kimberly, I hope you check out more of our quick and easy chicken recipes. Thanks for sharing with us!