Sure sounds like summer—but this cucumber tomato feta salad is a go-to for me all year long. Refreshing and colorful, I make this for a light lunch, and an easy side dish, or to throw in the cooler when we head to the lake. It’s a great summer salad with tons of fresh flavor!
Cucumbers, tomatoes, feta! Oh my. This salad is as simple and delicious as it gets. This is going to taste sensational during the summer months when all the produce is fresh off the vine.
The beauty of relying on grape or cherry tomatoes is that I can make this salad in cooler months, and it will taste every bit as delicious.
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad Recipe
That’s all you need: cool cucumber, juicy tomato and salty feta. These three are here for you—all summer long, or any time you need a tasty reminder of warmer days.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Fresh Dill
- English Cucumber
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese
Storing + Make Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? This refreshing salad will stay fresh and yummy in the fridge for up to 5 or 6 days when stored properly. You’ll want to keep it in an airtight container to protect the integrity of the ingredients. Take note that the dressing and the salad should be stored separately.
- Make-Ahead Tips: You can make the entire salad a day or so ahead, or you can whip up the tangy vinaigrette and add it to the veggies a couple of hours before serving. When making ahead don’t pour dressing on the salad. Store it separately.
Variations for Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Make mine a cucumber tomato feta salad with chicken: This salad works perfectly with protein. I like it with shrimp or chicken.
- Fresh herbs: Add some fresh basil or mint leaves-yum!
- Increase the nutrition: Add some cauliflower or your favorite vegetable. Chop it the same size as the tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Olives: This is great with olives. Choose your favorite. I love it with kalamata olives.
- No Fresh Lemon Juice? No problem! Use red wine vinegar instead.
How to Make Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
- Make the dressing. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Drizzle & toss. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss.
See complete instructions below
More Delish Salad Recipes For Summer
If you make this refreshing salad, I’d love it if you snapped a photo and tagged me on Instagram, @gonna_want_seconds, or please share this recipe on Pinterest, Facebook, or Yummly! I really appreciate your support, my friends! 👩🏼💻
Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 2 cups English cucumber chopped
- 20 ounces Grape or cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup small purple onion chopped
- 6 ounces feta crumbled
- Make the dressing: Place all the ingredients into a small bowl. Stir together and set aside.
- Add the salad ingredients to a salad bowl.
- Before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.