Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save for later!
Be Sure To Follow Gonna Want Seconds on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Most recipes will also include potato-based dumplings (Slovak haluski) or eggy noodles that blend in with the translucent chunks of cabbage and provide a lovely texture.
Recipe Notes For Haluski:
- 8 ounces egg noodles cooked per package instructions and drained
- 4 slices bacon diced
- 1 pound Kielbasa sliced
- 4-6 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 large yellow onions chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 8 cups cabbage cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving drippings in skillet. Set aside.
- Brown the Kielbasa in dippings and remove to plate. Set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in skillet. Add the onions, garlic, caraway seed then sprinkle with brown sugar and saute over medium-low heat until they soften about 8-10 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, cabbage, salt, and pepper and saute until tender, about 8-10 minutes. Add cooked pasta to skillet and combine. Heat through. Adjust seasoning and served.
Looking for More One Pot/Pan Meals?
One Skillet Cheesy Chili Mac – Delicious, cheesy and gooey pasta, meaty chili loaded with cheese all made together in ONE PAN!
One Skillet Shrimp and Pasta Scampi – Delicious shrimp sauce infused with its signature garlic flavor!
Shrimp Lo Mein -Quick and easy to make at home and it is so much better than any take-out!
Skillet Meatballs and Noodles in Creamy Herb Sauce – Herby flavors perfectly infused in a convenient one pan meal!