This pierogi casserole has become a huge family favorite. Layers of convenient frozen cheese pierogi are layered with Alfredo sauce, sliced green onions, and sliced sausage! One bite of this casserole and I think you’ll understand why I have a hard time describing just how delicious it is!
All the ingredients are easy to find at most supermarkets, it takes maybe 5 minutes to assemble, and your family is sure to love it! This is the kinda recipe that makes putting dinner on the table every night easy!
If you love casserole that is hearty and features flavorful sausage, I hope you’ll try my sausage potato casserole, sausage and rice, Haluski (more of a one-skillet meal), and sausage and green bean potato casserole next!!
Do You Have To Boil Pierogies Before Baking?
No. Just pull them out of the freezer and arrange them in a baking dish. No need to thaw or boil before adding to the casserole.
Pierogi Casserole Ingredients
- Cheese Pierogies: Frozen. No need to thaw. Just arrange them in the casserole dish straight from the freezer.
- Alfredo Sauce: Use your favorite brand. Strangely the jars vary in the amount they contain.
- Kielbasa Sausage: Cut them into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Green Onions: Use the green and white parts of the green onion.
- Mozzarella + Cheddar: I love this combo of cheeses. Feel free to use either one, both as I did, or a cheese you like best.
Storing + Freezing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? This will last for up to 4 days in the fridge when stored properly.
- Can You Freeze This? Yes. This can be frozen for 4-6 months.
- Make-Ahead Tips: This casserole is so incredibly easy, that I don’t have any make-ahead tips.
- Food Safety: If you’d like more info on food safety check out this link for Alfredo sauce.
How to Make Pierogi Casserole
Spread half the frozen pierogies in a single layer in a prepared baking dish.
Spoon half of the alfredo sauce over the pierogies.
Spread half the kielbasa over the pierogies and sauce.
Sprinkle half the green onions over the sausage.
Sprinkle half the cheese over the onions.
Repeat one more layer of each.
Cover with prepared foil and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Remove foil and continue to bake until heated through and bubbly, about 20-25 minutes.
***See the full instructions below.
More Super Easy Dinner Recipes
- KFC Famous Bowl Casserole
- Italian Sausage Soup
- Hamburger Potato Casserole
- Creamy Tuscan Sausage Pasta
- TikTok Chicken Cobbler
- One Pot Burrito Bowl
Craving More Delicious Recipes?
I hope you’ll join our cooking family! Subscribe to Gonna Want Seconds and receive all our latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Absolutely free to you and we never share your email address.
Tried This Recipe?
Leave a review, I love hearing your feedback! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- 2 pounds frozen cheddar pierogies
- 1 (16-ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 14 ounces kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (177ºC). Spray a 9x13“ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spray one side of a large piece (sized to cover the baking dish.) of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray; set the dish and foil aside.
- Spread half the frozen pierogies in a single layer in a prepared baking dish.
- Spoon half of the alfredo sauce over the pierogies.
- Spread half the kielbasa over the pierogies and sauce.
- Sprinkle half the green onions over the sausage.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the onions.
- Repeat one more layer of each. Cover with prepared foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until heated through and bubbly, about 20-25 minutes.
Fans Also Made: