I’ve been craving, I mean CRAVING, mad craving, Meatloaf lately.
I have to admit it’s one of my favorite meals on the whole planet!
Strange as it may sound, I like this Meatloaf more than I like a good juicy steak!
When I want Meatloaf, I know just which recipe to turn to……
Old Fashioned Brown Sugar Glazed Meatloaf……yes, I’m serious!!!
This is everything a good meatloaf should be.
Moist, juicy, flavorful and topped with a sweet, delicious, thick Brown Sugar sauce…..
This is beyond YUM!
This recipe is simple enough to whip up for a week night dinner.
Basically, you chop an onion then dump the ingredients together and mix them up.
The overall cook time is 1 hour and 15 minutes so you need to plan ahead and start it early enough to get dinner on the tables before your tribe gets too hungry!
You can adjust the seasonings if you want to customize this meatloaf.
It seems like there are a lot of ingredients in this recipe but they’re mostly just dumped in a bowl and mixed, so overall, it’s pretty dang easy to make.
The hot sauce is added in such small quantities that it really justs adds a little extra flavor, it doesn’t add any heat.
My hubby’s a total wimp when it comes to heat and he doesn’t even notice it’s in this recipe.
If you want some heat you’ll need to bump up the amount significantly!
If you look through the ingredient list you’ll notice that this recipe adds oatmeal to the meatloaf rather than the usual bread crumbs.
I really like this for two reasons; first, the oatmeal adds some really great nutrition, and second, if you use gluten free oatmeal, it makes the overall dish gluten free.
I buy the gluten free oatmeal at Trader Joes and really like it.
We are a divided gluten family.
Hubby tries to go mostly gluten free, the rest of us, not so much!
I’ve been making this recipe for over 20 years and I still adore it!
If you happen to have any left over, this makes killer meatloaf sandwiches.
Source: Gonna Want Seconds
More Easy Recipes like This!
Porcupine Meatballs ~ These super easy meatballs are made with beef and rice then simmered in a delicious tomato sauce. Always a family favorite!
Million Dollar Spaghetti ~ This Spaghetti Casserole is super easy to put together and has a center layer of creamy, gooey cheese. This is one of my favorite ways to serve spaghetti and people just can’t get enough of it!
Beefaroni ~ Easy Homemade Beefaroni is perfect for the simplified flavor palates of kids. So much better than anything from a can! Quick and Easy–Ready in less than 30 minutes!
- Yield: Serves 4-6
Best Meatloaf !
- Rolled Oats - 2/3 Cups
- Whole Milk - 1 Cup
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Dried Marjoram - 3/4 Teaspoon
- Dried Sage - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Dried Thyme Leaves - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Dried Garlic Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Hot Sauce - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Large Eggs - 2
- White Onion, Finely Chopped - 1 Cup
- Ground Beef - 1 1/2 Pounds
- Ketchup - 1/2 Cup
- Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed - 1/4 Cup
- Dried Mustard - 1 Teaspoon
- Dried Ginger - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Liquid Smoke - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Hot Sauce - Couple of Drops
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix the first 11 ingredients until evenly blended. Add the ground beef and with your hands mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
3. Mix all the topping ingredients in liquid measuring cup. Set aside.
4. On a rimmed baking sheet form the meat ingredients into a loaf (the mixture is a bit loose so wide, about 5 inches is better). Pour half the topping over the meatloaf. Brush the sauce over top and sides in an even layer.
5. Bake meatloaf in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove meatloaf from oven and brush the remainder of sauce over top and side in an even layer then return meatloaf to oven and cook for 15 minute. Allow meatloaf to cool for 10 minutes then serve.