Frosted Fudge Brownies…..Seriously the Fudgy-est, Moistest, Richest Brownies I’ve ever had!
Oh MY! This is it. This is THE recipe for me. The ONE that I will go back to….and back to…and…. Well you get the picture! Imagine a chocolate, fudgy, dense wondrous brownie topped with creamy, rich, luscious, chocolate frosting…..this is THE Chocolate Brownie Recipe to answer all my chocolate cravings! And let’s face it, we all need a chocolate fix now and then. Now, to make things even better, this make a nice, big 9 X13 size pan of these amazing Brownies. So you can satisfy your chocolate cravings and share.
Just look at the incredible fudgy texture of these babies! They’re the Fudgy-est, Moistest, Richest Brownies I’ve ever had! Bar none………..
Remember that Mother Teresa said “Peace begins with a smile.” Imagine what could happen if you gave some one a great big smile and a great big Frosted Fudge Brownie…….now thats a whole lot of beautiful PEACE!!!!!!
Recipe Notes: This is one of those recipes that technique is very important. Don’t stress because the technique is truly easy peasey. The instructions spell things out very clearly so its just a matter of following them to a tee. If you don’t, your results will of course vary. You won’t produce a thick, chewy, fudgy brownie with a thin crunchy top and those characteristics are what make this recipe really outstanding and separates it from all those other mediocre brownie recipes out there.
Here are a few of the specifics to be aware of: The instructions have you add both sugars to the melted butter-chocolate mixture in essentially a double boiler over the simmering water with the heat turned off. Very specific but easily done.
Then the recipe calls for the eggs to be added in 2 stages to a melted chocolate mixture and for them to not be overbeaten. If the mixture is overbeaten at this stage, the characteristic of the brownies will change from fudgy to cakey. Well, that’s not at all complicated!
The last little detail to look out for is, when you add the flour mixture to the chocolate, the recipe specifies using a rubber spatula to fold it in rather than using a whisk to whisk it to combine.
Source:Baked and Allrecipes
Frosted Fudge Brownies
- Flour - 1 1/4 Cup
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 2 Tablespoon
- Dark Chocolate Chips - 11 Ounces
- Unsalted Butter, Cut into 1 Inch Pieces - 8 Ounces
- Instant Espresso Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 1/2 Cup
- Light Brown Sugar, Packed - 1/2 Cup
- Eggs, At Room Temperature - 5
- Vanilla Extract - 2 Teaspoons
- Milk - 6 Tablespoons
- Unsalted Butter, Softened - 6 Tablespoons
- White Sugar - 1 1/2 Cup
- Dark Chocolate Chips - 8 Ounces
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 Teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9X13 baking dish with aluminum foil, overhanging the edges 2 inches. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, salt and cocoa powder in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Set a medium, shatter proof bowl over a pan of just simmering water. Add chocolate, butter and instant espresso. Stir occassionaly until chocolate and butter are melted and mixture is smooth. Turn off the heat under for the simmering water, still keeping the bowl over water and add both sugars and mix until well combined. Remove bowl from top of simmering water.
4. Add 3 eggs to the chocolate mixture and mix until just combined. Add the other 2 eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or your brownies will be cakey.
5. Add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture and fold it in with a rubber spatula (Do Not use a whisk) just until the mixture is mostly combined with a bit of the flour mixture is visible.
6. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of brownies comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
7. When the brownies are just out of the oven make the frosting immediately. Combine the milk, butter and sugar together in a saucepan and bring to a boil; allow the mixture to cook at a rolling boil for 30 seconds then remove from heat.
8. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla to the milk mixture and stir until the chips are completely melted. Pour immediately over the just baked, warm brownies. Allow frosted brownies to cool completely in baking pan before cutting.