I love-love-love fall baking! Apples, Pumpkin, Cinamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, Cloves. As the song goes, “These are a few of my fav-O-rite things!!!! This Apple Bread with Pecan Praline Glaze is a wonderfully delicious example of some of the best flavors fall has to offer. It’s loaded with apples and pecans, its wonderfully moist and it’s easy peasy to put together. The glaze is amazing. Really. Really. Amazing. No exaggeration. Frankly, I could honestly eat the whole pan of glaze with a spoon and be extremely happy. I might go into a diabetic coma, but it would be a delicious coma!
I really like that this recipe makes 2 loaves. My family devours these little beauties generally the same day I make them. If you have a more normal family, this recipe is great because you can enjoy one loaf after its freshly baked and freeze the other. The bread freezes beautifully. I prefer to freeze them without the glaze though. Oh and by the way, your house will smell like Heaven when these are baking!
Recipe notes: This recipe produces an extremely thick batter. I’ve always mixed this recipe by hand with a long handle wooden spoon but it would be an ideal recipe to use a hand held electric mixer. Just don’t over mix it after you add the wet ingredients to the dry. I’d even use it to add the apples and walnuts.
I do use an electric hand held mixer always when I add the powder sugar to the glaze. I never seem to be able to get it smooth and all the lumps out otherwise.
More Pecan Desserts!
Classic Pecan Pie– The aroma of this pie will perfume your kitchen
Pecan Pie Bars -Delicious dessert, perfectly sweetened and with just the right amount of texture!
Apple Bread with Pecan Praline Glaze
- All-Purpose Flour - 3 Cups
- Baking Powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Baking Soda - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Cinnamon - 3 Teaspoon
- Nutmeg - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cloves - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 Cup
- Brown Sugar Packed - 1 Cup
- Large Eggs - 3
- Vegetable Oil - 1 Cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 Tablespoon
- Apples, Peeled, Cored, and Diced - 2 Cups
- Pecans, Chopped - 1 Cup
- Praline Glaze:
- Unsalted Butter - 1/4 Cup
- Brown Sugar, Firmly Packed - 1/2 Cup
- Milk - 3 Tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract - 1 Teaspoon
- Powder Sugar - 1 Cup
- Pecans, Chopped - 1 Cup
Make The Bread:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8X4 inch baking pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the first nine ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, oil and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and combine. (The batter will be extremely thick). Mix in apples and 1 cup chopped pecans until evenly distributed through batter.
3. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pans and smooth out the top of batter with the back of a spoon. Bake in preheat oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean and edges of bread are just pulling away from baking pan.
Make The Glaze:
1. In a heavy bottomed 2 quart saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil over medium heat. Boil 1 minute, whisking constantly. Remove from heat.
2. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and using a hand held electric mixer beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour half the glaze immediately over each loaf of cooled bread and sprinkle evenly with pecans.