This Bisquick apple cobbler is a delicious, old-fashioned cobbler made easier with the help of Bisquick! The filling is loaded with fresh, tender, juicy, warm spiced apples baked up to perfection then topped with the caky topping made with Bisquick.
I love how easy this cobbler is to make. Just a few minutes and a bit of time in the oven and it’s ready! When you craving something sweet, warm, and delicious, bake this cobbler! It’s perfect year-round but it’s even more delicious during fall!
Best Apple To Use
I like to use Granny Smith apples. They bake up tender and soft and they don’t get mushy unless they over-baked. My grandma always used them so I think I’m extra attached to them.
Fuji, Honeycrisp, and Gala are also good choices that bake well.
Do The Apples Need To Be Peeled?
I prefer to peel my apples. When the apples bake, the skins can detach and create an unpleasant chewy bit in the cobbler.
Storing + Freezing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? This can last in the fridge for 3-4 days. Store in an airtight container or wrap it with cling wrap.
- Can You Freeze This? Yes, properly store it and it can last up to 6 months.
- Make-Ahead Tips: The filling can be baked ahead and stored in the fridge. Then make the topping on the day you are serving it.
- Food Safety: If you’d like more food safety info check out this article. I’ve yet to find an article that specifically lists cobblers and crisps, I use the “fruit pies” under baked goods as my reference.
I love to serve this, as pictured, with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream! It’s truly a little bit of cobbler heaven in a bowl !!
How to Make Bisquick Apple Cobbler
- In a bowl toss the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the Bisquick, granulated sugar, milk, and melted butter until combined.
- Mix the dough.
- Evenly drop spoonfuls of the dough over the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
***See full instructions below.
More Bisquick Dessert Recipes
- Bisquick Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bisquick Coffee Cake
- Bisquick Banana Bread
- Impossible Coconut Pie
- Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake
Bisquick Apple Cobbler
- 6 tablespoons, (plus extra for greasing pan) butter, divided melted
- 3 large apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups Bisquick™ Original Pancake & Baking Mix
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch baking dish with butter (6 tablespoons).
- In a large bowl, gently toss the apples (3), brown sugar (1 cup), cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon), and nutmeg (1/4 teaspoon) until evenly combined. Add the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the Bisquick (1 ¼ cups), granulated sugar (1 tablespoon), milk (2/3 cup), and melted butter until combined. The dough will be soft.
- Evenly drop spoonfuls of the dough over the apples. Bake for 45 minutes or until the topping turns golden brown and the filling begins to bubble.