I’m so excited to share with you this pasta dish.
It’s a recipe my friend Craig has been telling me about for a long time.
Luckily for me, when he and his beautiful wife Kelley were staying at our house for the weekend, we decided to make this for dinner.
This is a fabulous recipe to make in the cooler weather months of fall, winter or even spring.
The oven does most of the work for you.
All you need to do is assemble a few ingredients, which takes all of about 5 minutes, then pop them in the oven to slowly roast.
The tomatoes and garlic are roasted for long time at a low temperature in olive oil with fresh thyme.
This concentrates the flavors of the tomatoes and garlic and caramelizes the natural sugars in them making them even more yummy.
The mixture is enhanced with a bit of brown sugar and balsamic vinegar, which plays up the sweetness of the caramelized tomatoes and garlic.
Then, after all the ingredients are roasted to perfection, it’s all tossed with cooked and well drained pasta.
We chose to serve the sauce with spaghetti, but really it would be delicious with most pasta shapes.
I topped the dressed pasta with just a little sliced flat leaf parsley for color.
This seemingly simple, unassuming looking pasta dish will shock you by just how extremely delicious it is!
This makes a delicious main course or side dish.
We served it as a side dish with roasted chicken and a kale salad.
More Pasta Recipes!
Creamy Artichoke and Creamy Pasta – Refreshing light sauce loaded with chunks of chicken , bacon, artichokes, and capers.
Chicken Alfredo – Easy, ultra creamy, rich, decadent and just may be the best pasta recipe ever!
Greek Pasta – An easy dish that your whole family will enjoy—carnivores and herbivores alike!
Slow-Roasted Tomato Sauce And Spaghetti
- 1 Pound 6 Ounces Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Garlic Cloves Peeled And Smashed
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Leaves Chopped
- 2 Teaspoon Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 16 Ounces Dried Spaghetti
- 2-3 Tablespoon Italian Parsely Chopped, Optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. In a nonreactive 9X13 inch baking dish, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, brown sugar, salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- 3. Add the tomatoes and garlic and toss to coat well.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven until tomatoes are softened and caramelized, about 1 hour.
- 5. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain well. Pour the drained pasta back into the completely dry pot, it was cooked in. Pour the baked tomatoes and all the rest of the ingredients from the baking pan over the pasta and toss well. Serve.