Black-Bottom Coconut Bars are double yummy! A Coconut Macaroon cookie on top of a Brownie, brilliant! The marriage of Coconut and Chocolate is eternal!Here’s a cookie that is truly double yummy. I mean a Coconut Macaroon cookie on top of a Brownie. Shut up! Who thinks this stuff up? Well, no surprise, it was Martha Stewart who came up with this unbelievable cookie combo. I’m totally in love with this cookie. Coconut and Chocolate are two of my all-time favorite flavors. Put them together in a bar cookie and I’m one very happy bakin’ mama! I hope you give it a try.
Black-Bottom Coconut Bars
Black-Bottom Coconut Bars are double yummy! A Coconut Macaroon cookie on top of a Brownie, brilliant! The marriage of Coconut and Chocolate is eternal!
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Plus More for Pan
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg Large
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs Large
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1-7 Ounce Package 1/2 Cup Reserved for Sprinkling Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- For chocolate base: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving a slight overhang; butter bottom and sides of foil (not overhang).
- Place butter in a large microwave-safe bowl; melt in the microwave. Add sugar and salt; whisk to combine. Whisk in egg, then cocoa and flour until smooth. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake just until sides begin to pull away from edges of the pan, 10 to 15 minutes (do not overbake). Let cool slightly while preparing coconut topping. Keep oven on for topping.
- For Coconut Topping: In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with sugar and vanilla. Gently mix in flour and coconut (except 1/2 cup reserved for sprinkling).
- Drop mounds of mixture over the chocolate base; spread and pat in gently and evenly with moistened fingers. Sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup coconut.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Lift cake from pan, peel off foil and cut into 24 bars. Store in an airtight container 3 to 4 days.
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.
More Dessert Bars…
- 7 Layer Bars– These one pan 7 Layer Bars are crunchy and gooey…just what you need to satisfy that sweet tooth. Whip them up for your next get together!