I’m so excited that it’s Spring!
The longer days of sunshine just put me in a good mood.
While I was blog surfing, I saw these beautiful bar cookies and I thought these would be the perfect spring treat.
These bars turned out to be really delicious and incredibly easy.
They were a lovely combination of lemony sweet and tart and I was surprised at just how wonderfully the coconut tasted in these bars.
It added an extra dimension of flavor and a nice textural element.
These are just the right treat to welcome spring!
Lemon Coconut Bars
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Cold Butter
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and confectioners' sugar and butter in a food processor. Pulse until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder until well mixed. Pour over crust; sprinkle coconut evenly over the top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.