I’ve had the recipe for these bars bookmarked since spring. For some reason, it took me forever to get around to trying them. What a shame. Now that I’ve made these I wish I had tried them the first day I saw them! They are incredible! A deliciously rich brown sugar crust and crumb topping, sweet creamy filling topped with a lovely strawberry layer………….Shut the front door…………Can you say YUM!
The brown sugar in the crust is a nice change from the standard white sugar flavor that is more commonly used. The strawberry fruit filling is outstanding. It pairs perfectly with the sweet creamy layer also in these bars. The recipe uses a cup of pie filling so these bars can be made any time and in any season. Spring and summer are obvious choices since everyone is looking forward to the fruity flavor of strawberries. Since they have a beautiful ruby color, I think these bars would make a great Valentine cookie and they would also be great for Christmas time too!
Recipe Notes: This recipe is really straightforward and pretty dang easy to put together. The recipe calls for using a cup of strawberry filling. Feel free to use any flavor you like. Don’t get me wrong, the strawberry is out of this world delicious, but if you want variety you can try other flavors too. I’m thinking apple will be the next flavor I try.
Makes 12-14 Bars
Source: Adapted from Crunchy Cream Sweet
More Bar Recipes!
Blackberry Pie Bars – Buttery shortbread crust, a creamy custard-like filling, chock-full of delicious blackberries and a shortbread crumble topping!
Coconut Cream Pie Bars– Rich yet sweet and it’s simply coconutty deliciousness!
Sugar Cookie Bars – Beautiful delicious bar that is perfectly color coordinated!
More Yummy Desserts…
Fresh Strawberry Cake – is a lovely delicious old fashioned cake. No frosting, no filling, just summer fruit with a little sweet crunch on the top.
Strawberry Cream Bars
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Melted and Cooled
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 1/2 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Strawberry Pie Filling
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8X8 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a medium and whisk until ingredients are evenly combined. Add butter and combine until mixture is the size of peas and is crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup of crumb mixture and set aside to use for the topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into prepared baking pan. Set aside and prepare to fill.
- Add the sour cream, sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl and mix until all the ingredients are evenly combined. Spread filling over prepared crust. Drop spoonfuls of strawberry pie filling evenly over sour cream filling. Gently swirl pie filling with a sour cream mixture with a spoon. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture evenly over top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-28 minutes or until the top of bars begin to brown and center of bars is "set". Cool completely and serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge.