This warm, savory crock pot beef stew blends everything you want your family to eat with tantalizing flavor that brings them running and satisfies the soul.
Coming home to the delicious aroma of crock pot beef stew just makes the rest of the day a little better. All those rich, yummy flavors married together in a delectable sauce immediately beckons to every nearby taste bud.
Not only is this crockpot beef stew wholesome and nutritious for the entire family but it practically dances down to your tummy, slowly warming your insides to a soft, fervent glow.
This crowd-pleasing recipe for crock pot beef stew with vegetables is a simple dish full of rich, complex flavors and plenty of vegetables you’ll feel great about serving!
How to Make Crock Pot Beef Stew?
Crock pot beef stew is one of those one-pot feel-good meals that simplifies busy nights and just makes you feel good about serving it. Simply brown your floured beef before tossing in the crockpot.
Add water and bouillon to your browning skillet to deglaze and combine flavors. Remove from heat before adding soup and seasonings. Pour over beef in the crock pot then add veggies and secure the lid. Now just wait for the magic to happen!
All those mouth-watering flavors simmering together for hours produce a meal of beauty that is ready when you walk in the door after a long hard day.
The secret is in the way you mix the ingredients and put them in the crock pot. This crock pot beef stew recipe really knocks your socks off and brings out that just-like-mom-used-to-make flavor!
Step By Step: How to Make Crock Pot Beef Stew
1. Pour flour into a Ziplock. Add meat and shake to evenly coat all pieces. Add oil to a large skillet, brown meat without crowding it. Transfer meat to the crockpot.
2. Add water and bouillon cubes to the skillet and cook. Stir the brown bits on the skillet. Remove from heat and add tomato soup, Italian seasonings, bay leaves, and black pepper. Stir.
3. Pour the mixture in the crockpot.
4. Add the onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, and mushrooms.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the beef and veggies are tender. Add more water if needed. Add the thawed peas in the last 20-30 minutes of cooking. Discard bay leaves and serve.
More Beefy Soul Warming Soups:
Can You Make This Easy Beef Stew Ahead of Time?
Absolutely! Creating this easy beef stew ahead of time will just ensure that it has a superior flavor and it’s ready when you are. This slow cooker beef stew healthy recipe will taste even better the next day after marinating in that incredible sauce.
Of course, you may want to consider waiting to add the potatoes until you are ready to serve your crock pot beef stew because they could get softer than you like bathing in that tasty sauce for an extended period of time. It’s a personal preference choice.
How To Freeze Beef Stew?
Yes Again! You can certainly freeze beef stew and keep ready-made meals in the freezer. It works best if you store it in a size appropriate air-tight container.
Just remember to leave room for expansion and make sure that it is completely cooled before placing your beef stew in the freezer.
What Do You Serve With Best Beef Stew?
Of course, my all-time favorite thing to eat with this gourmet beef stew recipe slow cooker style are warm, tender and butter Lion House Rolls (with make ahead instructions).
Eat a big bowl of it for dinner with those warm, buttery rolls or put it over rice for that extra something special. This is not one of those crock pot beef stew with cornstarch recipes or slow cooker beef stew red wine recipes, this one is so simple and flavor-packed it makes the best beef stew meal.
What I Love Most About This Beef Stew
What’s not to love about this incredible beef stew? It’s so easy to make its versatile too.
This crock pot beef stew is an easy make-ahead meal that is ready when you are, and it tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen!
Recipe Notes for How To Make Beef Stew
There are a lot of recipes out there for how to make beef stew crock pot fast but this one is my favorite hands down. While this old fashioned beef stew recipe is a no-fail one-pot meal, there are a few secrets to coaxing out that stick to your ribs goodness wrapped in yummy flavor.
Browning: This gourmet beef stew recipe slow cooker meal naturally begins in a skillet. It is best to use your favorite heavy-bottomed skillet for this step because it will distribute heat more evenly.
Be sure not to overcrowd your pan when browning your meat. Overcrowding traps pockets of heat and prevents all surfaces from cooking evenly.
Sauce: When making the ‘sauce’ you’ll be stirring up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan (commonly known as deglazing) and dissolving bouillon cubes. I find that a wooden spoon works best because it’s sturdy and it won’t scratch your cookware.
Bouillon: Speaking of bouillon cubes, it’s best not to add salt until the end. Bouillon cubes are pretty salty, and you may not need extra.
Mushrooms: This crock pot beef stew recipe calls for mushrooms and they really take the meatiness factor of this dish to the next level.
Soup: This old fashioned beef stew slow cooker recipe also calls for a can of condensed tomato soup (undiluted). Your stew will not taste like tomato soup! Instead you’ll get slightly sweet nuances to balance out those salty bouillon cubes. It’s a rich, complex flavor profile that is off the charts on the yummy factor!
Crock Pot Beef Stew Recipe
This rich, savory crock pot beef stew recipe takes 30 minutes or less to throw together and it tastes amazing every time!
When fall starts to usher in the cooler weather, I know the fragrant aroma of crock pot beef stew will soon fill my home drawing everyone to the table for a hearty dinner.
It is also a delicious way to feed gathering crowds of friends and family on Sunday afternoons without spending all day in the kitchen.
When is your favorite time to make this crock pot beef stew recipe?
SAVE THIS CROCK POT BEEF STEW
TO YOUR CROCKPOT OR STEW BOARD FOR LATER
WE’D LOVE TO BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast trimmed and cut Into 1-inch cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups to 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 large beef bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 3/ -ounces) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 2 large Russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces whole mushrooms trimmed
- 3/4 cup frozen peas thawed
- Pour flour into a 1-gallon Ziplock bag. Add meat, in batches, and shake to evenly coat all pieces.
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat. When the oil is hot, brown meat in batches without crowding it. Transfer meat, when it's browned, directly to crockpot. Add 1 1/2 cups water and bouillon cubes to the skillet and cook, stirring up the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet and dissolving the bouillon cubes. Remove from heat and add tomato soup, Italian seasonings, bay leaves, and black pepper and stir to combine. Pour into the crockpot over beef. Add the onions, potatoes, carrots, celery, and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the beef and veggies are tender. If needed, add more water. Add the thawed peas the last 20-30 minutes of cooking. Discard bay leaves and serve.
Fans Also Made:
None foundRate This Recipe
More Beef Stew Recipes Ideas:
There are lots of beef stew recipes to incorporate some variety into that all-American meal you love so much. Here are a few of the greatest beef stew recipes ideas you can weave into the rotation for a tasty twist on an oldie but goodie.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
Instant pot beef stew is as savory and mouth-watering as this recipe, but the cook time is slashed with the handy pressure cooker. The best part is that rich, delectable aroma will still beckon to every empty tummy and taste bud within distance.
Homemade Beef Stew
This yummy classic is one of the best homemade beef stew recipes around! The flavor profile is inspired by a wholesome goodness that brings back childhood memories and inspires reminiscent conversations between loved ones.
Beef Stew Stove Top
This slow-simmered beef stew stove top recipe is a one-pot wonder that simplifies great meal preparation. Full of tender meat and hearty vegetables, this beef stew stove top version satiates the body and pleases the palate, too.
Dutch Oven Beef Stew
This Dutch oven beef stew recipe is something to salivate over! The use of the Dutch oven really infuses that rich, delicious flavor into every tender, meaty bite.
Old Fashioned Beef Stew
This old fashioned beef stew recipe is the one that started it all. Its nutritious, delicious and satisfying. This all-American old fashioned beef stew dish is simple to make and it leaves people begging for more. Plus, it is really versatile.
French Beef Stew
French beef stew incorporates some additional ingredients that really help coax out some tasty, new flavors. This French beef stew is super simple to make but it layers some incredible, complex flavor profiles for a delectable dish that is worthy of bread-sopping!
More Recipes Like This!