This is a spring and summer must-make for anyone who likes lemon. I love a lemon desserts—and when it’s this easy, I’m in heaven. A little sweet, a little tart, and with very little effort—this lemon dump cake can be all yours.
A classic dump cake is as easy as it gets for a homemade cake. This lemon version is full of zest, the fresh, tangy, fruity flavor of this cake is a crowd-pleaser. If that weren’t enough, there’s also a buttery cake topping that takes this simple dessert to the next level.
I love the ease of a dump cake. Have you ever spent so much time cooking that you aren’t really interested in it by the time you serve it? Well, this is not that cake! Easy to make and enjoy.
If you love good dump cakes, try my: cherry pineapple dump cake, pumpkin dump cake, peach dump cake, cherry dump cake, and apple dump cake. All of them are dump cake-o-licious! Easy-Peasy wonderfully yummy.
So for the lemon lovers in your life, let’s bake this!!!
What Is A Dump Cake
A dump cake is just what the name implies. You prepare a baking dish, and literally “dump,” the ingredients in a layering fashion into the dish. There’s virtually no prep in this recipe other than slicing the butter!
It’s one of the quickest and easiest desserts ever! It’s the perfect last-minute dessert for everything from a midweek family dinner to a church dinner or neighborhood potluck. It’s a guaranteed hit!
Lemon Dump Cake Ingredients ~ Just 4!
- Lemon Pie Filling: This stuff is amazing and so convenient! You’ll love the results when you use this!!
- Cream Cheese: Cut into small cubes so you get the wonderfully creamy, tangy cheese in every bite!
- Yellow Cake Mix: You can use a yellow cake mix, white, or even lemon cake mix for an added lemon punch!
- Butter: I use unsalted butter.
Storing + Make-Ahead
- How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge? You’ll want to cover it loosely with cling wrap or foil to protect its integrity. This cake can last up to a week in the fridge.
- Make-Ahead Tips: This dump cake only has a 10-minute prep time so there really isn’t a bunch of prep to speak of. But, it’s great in the fridge for a few days so you can always make it a day ahead.
This is so delicious on its own warm out of the oven, but if you want to gild the lily, ( as I always want to…) top it with some fresh homemade whipped cream, Cool Whip, or good quality vanilla ice cream.
Garnish, if desired with fresh mint. I have mint growing in my garden so it’s always fresh and available!
How to Make Lemon Dump Cake
- Spread the lemon pie filling.
- Add cream cheese cubes on top.
- Spread yellow cake mix evenly.
- Add sliced butter on top
See full instructions below.
More Fan Favorite Lemon Desserts
- Lemon Ricotta Cookies
- Lemon Buttermilk Cake
- Lemon Bars
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Blueberry Bars
- Lemon Lush
Lemon Dump Cake
- 2 (21-ounce) cans lemon pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 Sticks) butter, cut into 24 slices
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Pour 2 cans of lemon pie filling into the prepared baking dish. Place the cream cheese cubes (8 ounces) in a single layer over the lemon pie filling.
- Evenly spread cake mix (1 box) over the top of the filling and press down firmly. Arrange butter slices (24 slices) evenly over the cake mix.
- Bake in preheated oven, 50-60 minutes, or until top indeep golden brown and bubbly. Let set a few minutes and serve.
Fans Also Made:
On your phone? Check the web story here.