Who doesn’t love sugar cookies?!
I have one big problem….I wish it wasn’t so……I’m horrible at decorating sugar cookies with royal icing.
I was in charge of making the jungle themed sugar cookies for my sisters baby shower.
I bought all the cookie cutters, new piping tips, meringue powder, extra cookie sheets….and after days of mixing, baking, piping, having 12 cookie sheets drying in various stages of icing strewn throughout my parents home, my finished cookies looked like someone let a 2 year old loose with variously colored bags of frosting.
To top off this humiliating situation, one of my piping tips got stuck in my parents’ garbage disposal and somehow, after it was thoroughly smashed up, wedged its’s wicked little self so obstinately down in it that my parents had to take the whole flippin thing apart to get it to work.
Unfortunately for me, my dad was able to salvage the culprit and proceeded to brandish it in his furious hand and grill each and every family member about what it might possibly be and who in the heck got it stuck in his sink!
Heart to God this really happened.
Can you believe it?
Needless to say I did NOT serve the disaster cookies at the shower.
I decided to do a beautiful, color coordinated, delicious candy bar.
This is one easy sugar cookie recipe!
Which makes them right up my alley!
Honestly, I think this is the best sugar cookie recipe I’ve ever tasted!
They’re thick, chewy and buttery.
They’re topped with a nice thick frosting so there’s a great ratio of cookie to frosting which is important to moi!
There’s no rolling, cutting and best of all, no wicked piping tips involved.
You can easily tint the frosting and use sprinkles of any color so they’re perfect for any occasion.
If you’re checking out sugar cookie recipes, this one just may be perfect for you!
Who doesn’t love homemade sugar cookies!
This recipe is from a blogger named Anissa.
I wanted to thank her for my new favorite, stress free, disaster free, Sugar Cookie!!!
Btw-I’ve tried other recipes for sugar cookie bars and they weren’t anywhere as good as these.
Source: Anissa’s Kitchen
More Bars Like This!
Luscious Lemon Bars -Simply made and infused with fresh lemon juice and lemon zest is an absolute must try!
Strawberry Cream Bars -Deliciously rich brown sugar crust and crumb topping plus a sweet creamy filling topped with a lovely strawberry layer!
Blackberry Pie Bars – Buttery shortbread crust, a creamy custard like filling, chock-full of delicious blackberries and a shortbread crumble topping!
Coconut Cream Pie Bars– Rich yet sweet and its simply coconutty deliciousness!
Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 5 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter at Room Temperature
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 13X 18 inch baking sheet with aluminum foil extending the ends a few inches beyond pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each egg. Add vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Add to wet mixture and mix just until combined. Spread on prepared baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 min ( usually takes 18 minutes in my oven) until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely and frost.
- Meanwhile make the frosting; with an electric mixer, beat butter until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and salt. Add powdered sugar in 1-2 cup increments until combined. Add milk and mix until smooth and spreading consistency. Spread over cooled cookie and top with sprinkles.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.