This Copycat Recipe For Cafe Rio Crock Pot Chicken Tacos Makes Super Flavorful And Easy Tacos Your Family Will Love! A Great No Prep Crockpot Dump Recipe!
There are few things that I love as much as I LOVE tacos. A good shredded chicken taco really makes me happy. I searched for a long time to find a great recipe for tender yet and flavorful chicken meat for my tacos.
Well…guess what? I found THE recipe for me! It’s supposed to be a “knock off” recipe of Cafe Rio’s chicken. Honestly, I’m not sure I find it to be an accurate copycat recipe, but, it’s an amazingly delicious recipe for a Mexican style chicken filling. When I first looked at the ingredient list I was beyond skeptical. They didn’t seem like ingredients I’d try to combine together to achieve a Mexican flavor chicken, but I really liked the blog I found this recipe on, so I figured I’d give it a try! Thank heavens I did! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made this since it first went into my crockpot!
Cafe Rio Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- Add the chicken to a crock pot.
- Combine the Italian dressing, garlic, and package of Ranch mix, water, chili powder, cumin, and paprika in a small bowl then pour over chicken.
- Cook on high 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred.
- Add the shredded chicken to the crockpot and combine with the liquid left in the crockpot. Turn off and allow the chicken to rest in the liquid for about 10 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Now go make some delicious tacos...or burritos....or taco salad.... or quesadillas....or whatever your little heart desires!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
Recipe Notes For Cafe Rio Crock Pot Chicken Tacos:
This is one of those wonderful recipes that essentially all you do is throw your ingredients in the Crock Pot and let it do its thing. You don’t have to brown the chicken ahead of time and there isn’t a bunch of ingredients to chop. NO, this delicious crock pot chicken is super delicious and super easy! My favorite combination for a weeknight meal 🙂
Don’t skip the last step of letting the chicken rest in the juices after you shred it or you won’t get the best results. The chicken absorbs a lot of flavor and moisture during this step. If by chance you happen to have any leftover, actually it’s even better the day after you make it. Leftovers are the bomb!!!
More Taco Recipes…
Taco Meat Recipe– With just the right amount of spice, my Taco Meat Recipe is ready in 20 minutes! No need to wait for Taco Tuesday! With this recipe, anytime is Taco Time!
Source: Real Mom Kitchen