I love when I come home from work and smell an amazing dinner cooking. At that moment, all is right in the universe! Even though I’m tired and starving I don’t have to scramble and figure out dinner! And it’s all thanks to that amazing kitchen gaget………the Crock Pot!
This recipe in particular smells incredible while it’s cooking away. Easy Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore. It’s really a delicious Americanized version of Chicken Cacciatore and is loaded with peppers and onions. The wine gives it some nice depth of flavor and the sugar takes care of the acidity of the canned tomatoes. The sauce gets a little watery because of all the veggies so give it a good stir before you serve it. This makes a nice week night meal. I like it served over a little rice or pasta and a generous dash a Parmesan cheese.
Source:Adapted from Mostly Homemade Mom
How ’bout a BIG Pin!
Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese – This recipe is coated with a cheesy flavored white sauce infused with deliciousness for the fam!
Crock Pot Pork Chops – Mushroom gravy layered on top of tender moist pork chops
Crock Pot Lasagna – Layers of pasta, creamy cheese, sausage, and fresh basil, a hearty and delicious meal!
- Yield: Serves 4
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- Chicken Thighs - 8
- Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoon
- Crushed Tomatoes - 1-28 Ounce Cans
- Garlic, Minced - 1/2 Tablespoon
- Dried Oregano - 1 Teaspoons
- Dried Basil - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Dried Rosemary - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Sugar - 1 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Red Wine - 1 Cup
- Green Pepper, Sliced - 1
- Red Pepper, Sliced - 1
- Yellow Onion, Sliced - 1 Small
1. In a large skillet heat oil. Add chicken in two batches and brown on both sides, over medium high heat, about 7 minutes total (each batch). 2. Meanwhile add crushed tomatoes, red wine, garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, sugar, salt and pepper to crock pot and mix to combine. Layer peppers and onion on top of sauce then layer browned chicken pieces on top. Ladle a little sauce over top of chicken pieces. 3. Cook on High 4 hours or Low 8 hours.