Okay, so let’s face it…..we all have our favorite party dips. The one’s we make all the time…….the one’s people insist we make every time we come to an event………..but if you’re not bringing this dip, my friend, in my ever so humble opinion, you’re doing yourself a disservice!
If you glance at the list of ingredients you can tell right away this is gonna be a delicious one! I mean…….seriously! How can you go wrong with anything that has sour cream, cream cheese and cheddar in it! Well, not only does this incredible dip have all that, it has a few other key ingredients that all combine together to create dip heaven!!!! Then imagine heating it all up and having an ooey gooey deliciousness that’s beyond words…………..
The recipe couldn’t be easier………………the only minor effort required is carving out a loaf of unsliced French bread to create an edible vessel to heat the dip up in. Who doesn’t love bring an appetizer to a party in an edible container…..I mean……………shut the front!!!!!! No dish to wash or have to remember to bring home after the party. If for some reason you want to skip this step, no worries. This dip alone is more than delicious enough to simply heat up in a baking dish. You can use sliced deli ham, chopped, or if you happen to have any leftover baked ham use that of course!
Next time you need an appetizer I hope you give this dip a try! My family goes crazy for this one. It’s my son’s absolute favorite! When I make it for him there isn’t even any bread bowl left over!!! He and his friends devour the dip, and bread bowl and literally ask why I don’t make 2! LOL 🙂 Gotta love it!
More Dips like this!
Hissy Fit Dip – Luscious, creamy, party favorite that will actually cause a “hissy fit” is only getting one bite!
Beer Cheese Dip Recipe – Warm cheddar infused with your favorite malted beverage and spicy seasonings.
Creamy Cilantro Crab Dip -A soft spread of avocado and a touch of lime to put the “elegant” in “everyday”.
Mississippi Sin Dip
- Sour Cream - 16 Ounces
- Cream Cheese, at Room Temperature - 8 Ounces
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded - 2 Cups
- Ham, Chopped - 1/2 Cup
- Green Onion, Sliced - 1/4 Cup
- Hot Sauce - Few Dashes or to Taste
- Worcestershire Sauce - 1 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Loaf French Bread, Unsliced - 1-16 Ounce.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut a thin, about 1 inch thick, oval slice off the top of the loaf of French bread leaving a couple inch perimeter. Set aside top. Remove most of the soft part of the bread, leaving a sturdy portion on sides and bottom. You can save the soft bread to use later with the dip if desired.
3. Mix the first 8 ingredients together in a medium bowl until well combined. Pour mixture into hollowed bread bowl. Place saved bread top on loaf.
4. Wrap entire loaf in a double thickness of heavy duty aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Serve with reserved bread or crackers.