I love this soup!
It has that yummy combination of sweet and savory that I’m absolutely crazy about.
It’s like a delicious bowl of deconstructed stuffed peppers with a delicious broth.
Look at how hearty this soup is.
It’s meaty and has lots of yummy peppers and tomatoes.
I like to mince my onions so that I don’t get a big chunk in my finished soup.
I like to chop my peppers small enough so I get a few in each spoonful of soup.
Feel free to chop to whatever size you like.
I used a red, orange and yellow pepper.
This would also be wonderful with green bells too!
This soup is pretty darn sweet.
If you’d like a less sweet version you can simply cut down the brown sugar or omit it all together.
I truly love it the recipe just as it’s written, but you can customize it so it’s just right for you!
Crock Pot Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup
- Olive Oil - 2 Tablespoons
- Ground Beef - 2 Pounds
- Yellow Onion, Diced - 1 Medium
- Salt - 2 Teaspoons
- Black Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
- Mixed Bell Peppers, Chopped - 3-4 Large
- Brown Sugar - 3 Tablespoons
- Tomato Sauce - 15 Ounces
- Diced Tomatoes - 28 Ounces
- Beef Broth - 32 Ounces
- Rice--Cooked Per Package Intructions - 2 Cups (Raw)
1. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sweat for 4-5 minutes or until it's soft. Add the beef, salt and pepper and cook until the meat is no longer pink. Drain fat.
2. Pour the cooked meat mixture into a crock pot. Add all the rest of the ingredients, except the rice. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high. Add cooked rice to the crock pot and cook on high for 15-20 minutes just to heat rice and serve!