I love this soup!
It has that yummy combination of sweet and savory that I’m absolutely crazy about.
It’s like a delicious bowl of deconstructed stuffed peppers with a delicious broth.
Look at how hearty this soup is.
It’s meaty and has lots of yummy peppers and tomatoes.
I like to mince my onions so that I don’t get a big chunk in my finished soup.
I like to chop my peppers small enough so I get a few in each spoonful of soup.
Feel free to chop to whatever size you like.
I used a red, orange and yellow pepper.
This would also be wonderful with green bells too!
This soup is pretty darn sweet.
If you’d like a less sweet version you can simply cut down the brown sugar or omit it all together.
I truly love it the recipe just as it’s written, but you can customize it so it’s just right for you!
More Hearty Soup Recipes!
Tomato and Basil Soup – perfect for summer or winter, infused with a depth of flavors!
Cheeseburger Soup – Loaded with chunks of meat, veggies, and cheesy broth!
Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup – This soup is loaded with flavor and nutrition benefits!
Crock Pot Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Diced
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3-4 Large Mixed Bell Peppers Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 15 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- 28 Ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 32 Ounces Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Raw Rice--Cooked Per Package Intructions
- 1. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sweat for 4-5 minutes or until it's soft. Add the beef, salt and pepper and cook until the meat is no longer pink. Drain fat.
- 2. Pour the cooked meat mixture into a crock pot. Add all the rest of the ingredients, except the rice. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high. Add cooked rice to the crock pot and cook on high for 15-20 minutes just to heat rice and serve!