I love this soup!
It has that yummy combination of sweet and savory that I’m absolutely crazy about.
It’s like a delicious bowl of deconstructed stuffed peppers with a delicious broth.
Look at how hearty this soup is.
It’s meaty and has lots of yummy peppers and tomatoes.
I like to mince my onions so that I don’t get a big chunk in my finished soup.
I like to chop my peppers small enough so I get a few in each spoonful of soup.
Feel free to chop to whatever size you like.
I used a red, orange and yellow pepper.
This would also be wonderful with green bells too!
This soup is pretty darn sweet.
If you’d like a less sweet version you can simply cut down the brown sugar or omit it all together.
I truly love it the recipe just as it’s written, but you can customize it so it’s just right for you!
More Hearty Soup Recipes!
Tomato and Basil Soup – perfect for summer or winter, infused with a depth of flavors!
Cheeseburger Soup – Loaded with chunks of meat, veggies, and cheesy broth!
Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup – This soup is loaded with flavor and nutrition benefits!
Crock Pot Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Diced
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3-4 Large Mixed Bell Peppers Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 15 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- 28 Ounces Diced Tomatoes
- 32 Ounces Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Raw Rice--Cooked Per Package Intructions
- 1. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sweat for 4-5 minutes or until it's soft. Add the beef, salt and pepper and cook until the meat is no longer pink. Drain fat.
- 2. Pour the cooked meat mixture into a crock pot. Add all the rest of the ingredients, except the rice. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high. Add cooked rice to the crock pot and cook on high for 15-20 minutes just to heat rice and serve!
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know if you tried this recipe, I'd love to see and share it! Post a photo on our Facebook wall, or tag us on Instagram @gonna_want_seconds
©GonnaWantSeconds.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Nutrition information will vary based on the specific products. To be safe, check the nutrition facts labels of your products. Optional object listed above have been left out of nutritional data.