My Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting features lemony banana flavor and a frosting that couldn’t get any more moist! Banana-Bana-Bo-Bana delicious!
The only way you could make this Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting any better is to double the recipe and make it a 2 layer banana cake with cream cheese frosting! I just love how the lemon gives it the perfect tang, and it has buttermilk to make the moisture meter skyrocket! This cake puts all other banana cakes to shame!
Even when you make this a gluten free banana cake with cream cheese frosting, you still can’t go wrong. You still get to have the cream cheese, right?! Another variation is to make it a banana cake with sour cream frosting, or you could give banana cake frosting without cream cheese a whirl and make good old-fashioned vanilla frosting.
I could talk about banana cake all day, but let’s switch detour for a moment and talk about banana pie! My Banana Cream Pie and Coconut Banana Cream Pie are 2 of my faves. With or without coconut, banana cream pie is the best! And, each of these recipes has a crust to die for – one with Nilla Wafers, and one macaroon-style made with butter and toasted coconut. This makes me think of an old-fashioned diner where the bad coffee is made good with these kinds of classic pies.
How to Make Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Like most cakes, Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is comprised of two parts, the cake and the frosting, duh.
Cake – Mix mashed bananas with lemon juice and set aside. Whisk dry ingredients and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and stir in vanilla. Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk. Add bananas and mix until evenly distributed. Spread into pan, bake, and put cake directly in the freezer for 45 minutes.
Frosting – Cream butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla. Turn mixer to low and slowly add powdered sugar. Up the mixer to medium. Beat until smooth. Spread frosting over cooled cake.
Is This A Banana Pudding Cake?
No, but I’m glad you asked because everyone needs to know about my Banana Pudding Cake! This creamy-dreamy, 3-layer banana cake with cream cheese icing is a real showstopper! This cake is absolutely packed with banana flavor, and everyone’s jaws will drop the moment they lay eyes (and or mouth) on it!
Can You Make Easy Banana Cake Recipe Ahead Of Time?
To make this easy banana cake recipe ahead of time, you can freeze it for 45 minutes after baking and transfer to the fridge for up to 2 days or keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Moist Banana Cake Recipe From Scratch:
Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Making Banana Pudding Poke Cake can be fun for the whole family! What little kid isn’t gonna want to poke holes in a cake with the anticipation of pouring pudding on it afterward?! So, pull up a step stool and get the kiddos in on this one!
Banana Split Cake
I am just having too much fun! Now, I get to talk about Banana Split Cake? All I have to say is move over Dairy Queen! This is another dessert the kids will be beside themselves about. I can hear them now. “A banana split in a cake?! With a cherry on top?!” Nuff said.
Banana Cream Cake
My Banana Cream Cake is a banana cake with buttercream frosting and buttermilk to make it super moist. Plus, it’s filled with banana pudding. It’s delicious decadence to the max!
Banana Bundt Cake
Bundt cakes are always aesthetically pleasing, but Banana Bundt Cake will stop you dead in your tracks! This recipe has a drizzled brown sugar glaze with chopped walnuts on top. If you’re ever asking yourself what icing goes with banana cake, sometimes the answer is a drizzled glaze with nuts on top.
Chocolate Banana Cake
Chocolate Banana Cake is absolutely divine! Chocolate and bananas are really made for each other, and if you haven’t discovered that yet, it’s time you did! This cake is wonderfully plain, if there is such a thing, and it’s crazy simple to make. BTW, have you ever had dark chocolate-covered banana chips?
Banana Coffee Cake
Mmm. Mmm. I just love me some coffee cake. Any flavor will do, but banana coffee cake is the absolute bomb! With a streusel topping or without, big love either way.
Banana Nut Cake
The name says it all here. Banana Nut Cake is a very simple cake to make, and I guess you could call this healthy banana cake with cream cheese frosting. I mean, it’s got nuts, right? This recipe is like my Banana Bread, just in cake form, so it’s a little more dense.
Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
I really hope you adore this Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe as much as I do! Don’t forget to drop me a line in the comments below, and let me know how it turned out!
Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Very Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas with lemon juice and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together 3/4 cups butter and 2 1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, starting and ending with the flour. Add the bananas and mix just until evenly distributed. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place immediately into the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting; In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the vanilla and beat until combined. Turn the mixer on low and slowly add the powdered sugar. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat just until frosting is smooth. Do Not overbeat or frosting will become runny. Spread frosting over completely cooled cake.
More Tempting Cakes……