This is a family favorite. The original recipe came from Bon Appetit but has evolved over the years to suit our taste. It is a great weeknight meal because it doesn’t require any marinading time and once you have the steak sliced it cooks fairly quickly. I serve these tacos with all the usual things like shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce and whatever else suits my mood, but, to tell you the truth, they are so nicely seasoned you easily could serve them without all that stuff. In fact, when my son was still living at home, I had to watch the pan closely or he would eat half of it before it got to the table! ( I always let him have a few bites before I “notice” so he could think he was mister sneaky! ).
Source: Adapted From Bon Appetite
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Medium Red Onions Thinly Sliced
- 2 Red Bell Peppers Thinly Sliced
- About 1 Pound Flank Steak Sliced Across The Grain as Thinly as Possible
- 1 Cup Whole Kernel Corn Canned or Frozen,Drained
- 1-2 Jalapeno Pepper Stemmed, Seeded and Finely Chopped
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- Warm Flour or corn Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese of Choice
- Tomatoes Chopped
- Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat and add the onions and the peppers. Saute until very tender about 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add steak to skillet and cook until it is no longer pink about 1 minute. Add jalapenos, corn, reserved onions and peppers, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes or until jalapenos have slightly softened and flavors have melded. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Serve with warm flour or corn tortillas and any taco fixings you like. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
More Taco Recipes…
Taco Meat Recipe– With just the right amount of spice, my Taco Meat Recipe is ready in 20 minutes! No need to wait for Taco Tuesday! With this recipe, anytime is Taco Time!
These tacos look fantastic!
Oh these look good! Our family loves steak taco night, so I am going to have to try your recipe out. Thanks for sharing! I just started posting some of my recipes on my blog. Come by and check some of them out. http://www.cmcscrap.blogspot.com.
I love steak tacos and never make them at home. You have just inspired me!
these look delicious!
THese look great – I wish I was having them for dinner!
These look and sound wonderful! I can't wait to make this. Thanks for stopping by my food blog.
The Diva on a Diet says
Hi, Kathleen! I love, love the sound of these tacos … and I really love that they're a quick-fix. Will try these for sure!
Thanks for your kind words on my blog today, its nice to meet you! 🙂
Love everything taco!! I use pork alot for tacos with lots of lime;) I would like to invite you to come by and check out our new food blog-The Peppered Pantry:)
Katy ~ says
I am going to have to try these later on this week perhaps. I think we would love these! Never thought to make this at home. Thank you so much!
Looks very delicious. Must be fun to eat. I'm sure my family would love it. I'm not sure where to fill in below. Doesn't seem to fit. I'm MaryMoh from http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.com. For your info, you can adjust seeting to your comment box to allow for 'Name/URL'
hook me up!
5 Star Foodie says
Steak tacos sound awesome, a great meal!
These sound wonderful! I love steak. I love tacos. The marriage of the two is right up my alley. YUM!
Yum! This sounds delicious! I love tacos but I am not a fan of burritos. Random 🙂 Anyway, great post!
Chef Aimee says
I can see why its a family favorite!
Steak tacos are a perfect weeknight meal and yours really look divine. Very nice!!!!
Taste of Beirut says
Yum! I adore tacos! especially steak ones (not the ground beef ones) and all the trimmings! Heavenly. With a margarita too.