Pasta dinner always makes my family happy!
Pasta with cream cheese makes my family elated!!!
When I saw this recipe, I though man, this spaghetti recipe sounds ahh-mazing.
Then I saw it pinned about a bazillion times and people were saying things like, “took this to a potluck and they practically licked the dish clean!”
As if I wasn’t already Jonesing to make this, that comment completely cinched the deal!
Well, let me tell ya, this totally lived up to all my expectations.
It has become the family’s favorite spaghetti recipe!
It’s a wonderful comfort food meal that makes the whole house smell incredible while it’s being prepared.
My family absolutely devoured it.
We had a tiny bit left over, and my son called dibs on the leftovers at breakfast the next morning.
I had to literally beg to have a measly bite!
Since you use a jarred spaghetti sauce, this comes together pretty quickly.
You can make this ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze without the French Fried Onions.
Don’t forget to add them 5 minutes before the casserole is finished baking.
Source:Adapted from Salad in a Jar
More Baked Meals!
Cabbage Roll Casserole – Hearty and filling, while simultaneously being quick and easy to put together!
Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole -Chicken, rice, broccoli, all baked in a super, creamy, easy sauce, topped with lots of gooey cheese and buttery bread crumbs.
Chicken Tamale Casserole -Thick layer of a delicious, sweet corn pudding topped with chicken, a little sauce, and loads of gooey melted cheese!
Baked Cream Cheese Spaghetti
- 8 Ounces Dried Spaghetti Uncooked
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1- 24 Ounce Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon as needed Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Red Pepper Diced
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Onion Diced
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese at Room Temperature, Cubed
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1-1 1/2 Cups Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 Cup French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook Spaghetti according to package directions, just until al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown beef adding the oregano, salt and pepper, and cook until there is no longer any pink. Remove cooked beef to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from skillet. If you don't have 1 tablespoon of oil, add enough olive oil to compensate. (Just eyeball this. You only need enough oil to saute the veggies.)
- Add peppers and onions to skillet and saute until they are soft. Add cream cheese and milk to skillet and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the cooked beef and spaghetti sauce.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, add about 1/3 of a cup of sauce-meat mixture, and spread to cover bottom of dish.
- Add all the spaghetti to baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Add the cream cheese-veggie mixture to baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Add the sauce-meat mixture to baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Top casserole with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheat oven until casserole is baked through the center, about 25 minutes.
- Top casserole with the french fried onions and bake another 5 minutes, watching carefully so onions do not burn. SERVE 🙂