Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!! I think they wrote that saying for this recipe. In my book, this dish has everything going for it. It’s really, really delicious. It has a wonderful Asain flavor yet is made with simple to find ingredients. Yay! That means I don’t have to look all over town for hard to find groceries. Best of all, the entire family loves this dish and everyone is happy when I make it for dinner!
This recipe calls for the chicken to be browned in a skillet before you cook it in the crock pot. As much as I LOVE the “dump everything” type of crock pot recipes, this one is worth the extra step. The browning gives the chicken a richer better flavor and better keeps the chicken in whole pieces rather than shreds.
I like to serve this over simple cooked white or brown rice accompanied by a cucumber salad.
More Crock Pot Recipes!
Crock Pot Pork Chops – Mushroom gravy layered on top of tender moist pork chops.
Crock Pot Lasagna – Layers of pasta, creamy cheese, sausage, and fresh basil, a hearty and delicious meal!
Crock Pot Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup – Meaty and hearty , loaded with flavor!
Crock Pot Cashew Chicken
For The Chicken:
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
For The Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger Grated
- A Pinch Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Cup Cashews Chopped
- 3 Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- Cooked Rice
- 1. Trim any visible fat off the chicken. 2. Combine the flour and black pepper in 1 gallon resealable bag. Add the chicken and shake to coat with flour mixture. 3. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker. 4. Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl then pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours. Add cashews and stir. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.