This is our family recipe for Classic Deviled Eggs. I can still remember my grandma bring plates of these and big bowls of potato salad to every family gathering! The deviled eggs never made it to dinner time because the whole family would descend on the plate and absolutely devour them. I think my Grandma was just happy we didn’t attack the potato salad at the same time and had a modicum civility to wait and actually use forks to eat it at the dinner table! LOL 😉
Classic Deviled Eggs are a snap to make! You hard boil a few eggs then add some simple pantry/refrigerator ingredients that most of us generally have on hand and voila, you have the perfect deviled egg! This recipe has a simple secret ingredient not found in most recipes that make them even more yummy. A little bit of juice from the sweet pickle jar! It add a nice bit of sweetness with just a touch of pickle flavor. The flavor isn’t as forward as adding pickle relish to the recipe it’s more of a background flavoring that has you saying, “what is that?” I also love that all the ingredients mix up nice and smooth. In my humble opinion, the best deviled eggs should be tender and not have any little chunky bits in the filling.
I tried to post this recipe last week but sadly, because of problems with my hosting, I was unable to 🙁 Not to worry though, these little babies are so yummy, if you give them a try, you’ll be serving these all year long! Deviled Eggs are one of my favorite foods! I make them all year ’round but they’re a must make for Easter!!! If I didn’t serve them there would be a revolt! LOL
Looking for another type of Deviled Egg? Here are a couple more you might like to check out.
These Deviled are loaded with unique flavor! Capers, Shallots and Sun Dried Tomatoes to name a few…… West Coast Deviled Egg Recipe
How about yummy Ranch Deviled Eggs topped with barbecue sauce and bacon. Yes….Bacon! Here’s the Recipe for Ranch Deviled Eggs
Want a Big Photo for Pinning Classic Devil Eggs?
- Yield: 1 Dozen
Classic Deviled Eggs
Classic Deviled Eggs. This is my Family's recipe! The recipe that tastes like HOME! Smooth and creamy flavorful filling with just the right classic seasonings and a simple secret ingredients!
- Hard Boiled Eggs, Peeled - 6
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 Cup
- Prepared Yellow Mustard - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1/8 Teaspoon
- Pepper - 1/8 Teaspoon
- Sweet Pickle Juice - 1 Teaspoon
- White Vinegar - 1/4 Teaspoon
1. Slice the hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise. Remove all the yolks from the whites and place yolks in a small bowl. Place the whites on a plate and set aside.
2. Mash the yolks with a fork. Add all of the rest of the ingredients to the bowl except the paprika and mix until smooth. Spoon mixture into a ziplock bag. Drawn the mixture into one corner of the bag. Cut off the that corner. Evenly squeeze the mixture into the egg white halves then sprinkle with paprika.