Before our big Thanksgiving feast, I always have a few appetizers ready to combat the hungry hoard I call my family! Do you serve appetizers on the big day?
I know some families eat very early in the day so they might skip these fabulous dips and finger foods. Fortunately, my family eats late so appetizers are a must in my house. I’ve got a great list of Thanksgiving appetizers that will cover everyone’s preferences.
All The Best Thanksgiving Appetizers
In my family, Thanksgiving is always more of an event than just a meal. My Grandma, Mom, and sisters get together early to finish up the recipes that we hadn’t made ahead of time. In our family, we really go all out so it’s really days of cooking. The grandpas, dads, and uncles would play outside with the kids’ yard games like football, basketball, and now corn hole.
It’s a lovely, but a long day. If we didn’t have Thanksgiving appetizers to pull out, the crowd could turn hangry! So each of us make 1 or 2 a day ahead of time and all is well with the family. We laugh, tell stories, and enjoy finishing up the feast.
More Wonderful Thanksgiving Recipes
Thanksgiving Dips + Spreads
What’s not to absolutely love about a creamy, luscious dip or spread? They’re generally incredibly flavorful and the textures go from creamy to sublime! Spread them on crackers, veggies, flatbreads, or crostini.
The dipping choices are many and these dips will make you the belle of the party!
1. Crack Dip: Our cheesy, creamy, gooey Crack Dip is the gold standard of yum! Loaded with bacon, ranch, and cheddar you’ll LOVE this one!
2. Knorr Spinach Dip: Our classic Knorr spinach dip is rich, creamy, and full of flavorful, aromatics, and crispy water chestnuts!
3. Buffalo Chicken Dip: This creamy, delicious dip is a snap to make and has all the delicious flavors of Buffalo Chicken Wings without the mess!
4. Pimento Cheese: Take a stroll down memory lane with a creamy crowd-pleasing favorite like classic Southern Pimento Cheese that makes everything taste better!
5. Mississippi Sin Dip: Mississippi Sin Dip is a creamy, ooey-gooey, party favorite dip that’s baked in a hollowed-out loaf of bread.
6. Baked Brie En Croute With Apples And Walnuts: This warm gooey baked brie en croute is topped with sautéed apples and walnuts, then wrapped in flaky puff pastry. A show-stopping appetizer!
7. 3 Ingredient Sausage Cream Cheese Dip: Warm, creamy, & savory, this 3 ingredient sausage cream cheese dip will rock your taste buds! And it may be the best dip you’ve ever tasted!
8. Million Dollar Dip: Million dollar dip is thick, creamy, and flavorful. Made with 4 different kinds of cheese, bacon bits, and almonds.
9. Feta Artichoke Dip: Similar to the classic artichoke dip, this has a lot of the same ingredients as the original with the addition of a few others. The new star of the recipe is Feta cheese. It gives the dip a totally different taste!
10. Hummus: Silky smooth and bursting with flavor, this homemade Hummus Recipe will make tastebuds sing and bellies rumble!
11. Spinach and Artichoke Dip: Easy to make, and hard to forget, your guests will love my vintage spinach and artichoke dip. A super rich and creamy perennial favorite.
12. Cowboy Caviar: Beans, corn, and avocados, this trio of flavor perfection is the backbone of Cowboy Caviar! Add tomatoes and cilantro, & you’ve got a rodeo-worthy fun time!
Thanksgiving Finger Foods
Who doesn’t like eating a neat little bite with your fingers? I mean, we’ve been taught in polite society to basically not touch our food but…. Finger foods give you permission to escape from “manners”. Go ahead and pick it up sans silverware. So not only are they more fun to eat, they’re always extra tasty.
Okay, some of these finger foods are better served with toothpicks because of the “gooey-stickiness” factor.
13. Bisquick Sausage Balls: The classic! Bite-sized snacks that are full of flavor & perfect for dipping
14. Bacon Wrapped Smokies: The combination of gooey sweetness, bacon, and a little spice in our Bacon Wrapped Smokies creates a perfect paradox of simple and spectacular!
15. Bacon Wrapped Chicken: These are off the charts amazing! Our Bacon Wrapped Chicken is sweet, smokey and crazy delish! A great appetizer and a family favorite for dinner!
16. Cranberry Meatballs: Perfect for the holidays! Sweet, savory, tender, fluffy–these Cranberry Meatballs are toothpick-ready and holiday-festive with cranberry sauce!
17. Grape Jelly Meatballs: These are the easiest ever! Sweet and hearty grape jelly meatballs make for a classic appetizer or main course! Full-bodied and spicy, these fellas are sure to please the crowd.
18. Crab Stuffed Mushrooms: A creamy, cheesy filling, chock full of delicate crab, transforms the humble mushroom cap into something truly magical
19. Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts: Our Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts recipe is an outstanding appetizer with a delicious twist on the old standard.
20. Pizza Pinwheels: All the deliciousness of the perfect pizza in a bitesize morsel.
21. Everything Pigs In A Blanket:Take pigs in a blanket to the next level with my Everything Pigs in a Blanket recipe! All the deliciousness of Everything bagels in a dippable appetizer.
22. Honey Roasted Tomato Bruschetta: Crisp crostini spread with a whipped herb goat cheese spread then topped with roasted tomatoes and a drizzle of golden honey. Easy to make year-round with grape or cherry tomatoes.
23. Classic Deviled Eggs: These classic Deviled Eggs are made just like my Grandmas. They’re the perfect appetizer the whole family will love!
24. Sausage Balls With Cream Cheese: My sausage balls with cream cheese are heavenly little bites of YUM! The flavors of the sausage, cheese, and cream combine to be so much greater than the sum of their parts.
25. Ranch Deviled Eggs: A flavor trifecta coming at you strong: Ranch Deviled Eggs bring ranch dressing, tangy barbecue sauce, and salty bacon in one perfectly balanced bite!
26. Air Fryer Crab Rangoon: These have a perfectly crisp shell combined with a luscious creamy filling! When made in the air fryer you’ve got less mess, less waste, and of course, less grease!
27. Air Fryer Arancini: These air fryer arancini have a crisp and crunchy shell, stuffed with creamy risotto and gooey cheese. You won’t believe how yummy they are!
The Best 25 + Thanksgiving Appetizers
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup onion finely minced
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 16-ounce can cranberry sauce
- 1 12-ounce jar chili sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the meatball ingredients until evenly combined.
- Shape mixture into a 1-inch meatball, you'll have about 54.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches, over medium-high heat. Remove browned meatballs to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- In a pan (large enough to accommodate and mix the meatballs-later) mix together all the sauce ingredients until combined. Over medium heat, cook the sauce, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs, reducing heat to low, and cook, gently stirring, for 15-20 minutes or until the center of meatballs are no longer pink. Serve
Fans Also Made:
None foundRATE THIS RECIPE
- Don't skip browning the meatballs.
- When it's time to compress the meat mixture into balls, don’t overdo it. Just gently roll the balls between your hands.
Leave a Reply