No peek chicken is one of our easiest, and tastiest, chicken and rice recipes! When you’re looking for chicken casserole recipes that practically cook themselves, no peek chicken is a great choice.
This casserole smells amazing while it’s cooking. You might be tempted to lift the foil and see the meal’s progress. But don’t peek! You want the rice to steam, so leave the foil in place while dinner’s cooking.
We love chicken recipes like no peek chicken for their ease of preparation and fast cleanup. And the creamy flavor can’t be beaten! Do you want more chicken breast recipes for dinner?
Let’s start cooking!
No peek chicken is the comfort food we all crave but without a lot of work. It comes together quickly and only uses one dish. I love that this recipe has:
- Very little prep time
- Common pantry ingredients
- Hands-off cooking
- Easy cleanup
Chicken and rice casserole recipes require little prep work to taste delicious. This tender rice and chicken dish with creamy, savory sauce is sure to become a family favorite.
- Cooking Time: Oven temperatures vary! The exact cooking time will depend on your oven. If, after 1 hour- 1 hour and 15 minutes, the rice isn’t done and the liquid hasn’t absorbed, cover and continue to cook until rice is cooked.
- Chicken: If you have chicken thighs on hand rather than breasts, they can be used in this recipe too. You may have to increase the cooking time to the high end of the time range if your chicken is bone-in.
- Dry onion soup mix: If you’re concerned about the extra salt in pre-packaged onion soup mix, you can easily create your own blend using lower-sodium beef bouillon, dehydrated onion flakes, celery seed and onion powder. A sprinkle of garlic powder will add to the savory flavor as well.
- Cream soups: Maybe you have picky eaters that don’t love mushroom soup. Try substituting another flavor of condensed cream soup, such as cream of celery or cream of onion.
- Worcestershire sauce: Don’t have Worcestershire sauce? Maybe you don’t like the flavor? No problem! There are several substitutes that approximate this flavor using pantry staples you probably already have in your kitchen. A mixture of soy sauce, garlic, and lemon juice will work in a pinch.
- Rice: You can use white or brown as long as it’s long grain. The brand typically doesn’t matter, but stay with reputable rice, please. No Peek Chicken with Uncle Ben’s rice always turns out wonderfully!
- Peeking: Don’t do it. The results are catastrophic. (Kidding)
No peek chicken can easily be stored in the baking dish it was cooked in. Be sure to cover it tightly so the rice doesn’t dry out!
Can You Freeze This
This casserole is perfect for freezing. After cooking and cooling completely, be sure to wrap your no peek chicken tightly. When properly packaged, it should keep in the freezer for 1-2 months.
Make Ahead Tips
Cover your casserole tightly with foil and the rice will steam, remaining nice and tender. You can put this dish together up to 24 hours ahead of time. You may want to add a couple of tablespoons of chicken broth to the rice before you reheat it. Simply follow the recipe up until it’s time to bake! Store it tightly covered in the fridge until you’re really to roll. When it’s time to chow down, remove it from the fridge, preheat the oven and you’re on your way to dinner!
How Long Can You Keep This In The Fridge?
Cooked casseroles taste freshest when eaten within 3-4 days of baking.
No Peek Chicken
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups long-grain white rice uncooked
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 skinless chicken breasts Boneless
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the 9 X 13-inch baking dish, whisk together both soups, chicken broth, onion soup mix, Italian seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until evenly combined. Add rice and mix in.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place chicken over rice mixture.
- Cover baking dish completely with aluminum foil and make sure seal is tight. Bake in the preheated oven, 1 hour- 1 hour and 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. (Since the chicken is covered it will not brown!)
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Fans Also Made:
- Million Dollar Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Crack Chicken Casserole
Take chicken and rice to a new level with this delicious casserole recipe. No peek chicken tastes so creamy and savory, no one needs to know how easy the assembly is. Be sure not to peek, and the chicken and rice come out perfect every time!
Did you cook this recipe? Do you have questions? Please drop us a line in the comments below.