Ready for quick and delicious, No Peek Chicken nails it. Impressive enough for a special night, yet it’s perfect for a family dinner!
My No Peek Chicken recipe is my knight in shining armor. It’s easy to make and requires minimal ingredients that consist mainly of pantry staples. I don’t know about you but sometimes what was supposed to be an intimate family dinner can morph into a group dinner. Whipping up dinner for so many can be overwhelming. Enter: No Peek Chicken! This recipe is easy to expand. It rolls two beloved cream soups into a flavorful dish that my family adores just as much as my classic Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. It’s sure to please even your pickiest eaters!
WHAT I LOVE MOST ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
- Most of the ingredients are right in your pantry!
- Easy to double even triple for a crowded table.
- It’s hearty, warm, and comforting.
- Amazing flavor.
What Is No Peek Chicken?
It is a delightful little chicken and rice casserole with cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix, don’t forget cream of chicken soup. The ingredients are warm and comforting, and the end result is a creamy, bubbly, flavor-packed casserole guaranteed to fill tummies and improve moods. I’ve also heard it referred to as Dont Peek Chicken, but either way…it’s freakin’ tasty. I just love casseroles, and this is one of my favorites, it’s right up there with my Chicken Tater Tot Casserole and my Chicken and Noodle Casserole. Oh shoot, I can’t leave Chicken Tortilla Casserole out of that group. Could it be that I’m a little casserole crazed? Give them all a whirl. I’m sure you’ll love them as much as I do.
SAVE THIS NO PEEK CHICKEN
TO YOUR CHICKEN OR CASSEROLE BOARD FOR LATER
WE’D LOVE TO BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! WE’RE ALWAYS PINNING TASTY RECIPES!
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make No Peek Chicken?
Another great thing about this recipe is that the cut of chicken is easy to switch up. As with the traditional Campbell’s No Peek Chicken, I prefer to use breasts, but you can use whatever you have in the refrigerator. For example, the Taste of Home No Peek Chicken recipe calls for leg quarters. No Peek Chicken thighs make for a great substitution as well! You can tailor it to your mood, or better yet, what you have available!
My standard no peek chicken and rice recipe requires cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce, long grain white rice, dry onion soup mix, Italian seasoning, boneless skinless chicken breasts, and fresh parsley.
How Do You Make No Peek Chicken?
Prepare a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray, and combine both cream soups, chicken broth, onion soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, and Italian seasoning into the dish and mix it up. Stir in the rice. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper and then lay them on top of the rice mixture. Cover tightly with aluminum foil (no peeking) and place in preheated oven.
Technically, you can make no peek chicken with minute rice, but there’s no need. It’s just as easy to use long grain because you’ve got to cook the chicken anyway.
Step By Step: How To Make No Peek Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken and mushroom soup, onion soup mix, Italian seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce.
2. Pour in chicken broth.
3. Whisk it all together.
4. Add rice and mix in.
5. Season chicken breasts with salt,
6. and pepper.
7. Place chicken over rice mixture.
8. Completely cover baking dish with foil. Bake. (complete recipe below)
No Peek Chicken
- 1 (10.75 Ounce) Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 (10.75 Ounce) Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Cups Long Grain White Rice, Uncooked
- 1 Package Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9X13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the 9 X 13-inch baking dish, whisk together both soups, chicken broth, onion soup mix, Italian seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until evenly combined. Add rice and mix in.
- Season Chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place Chicken over rice mixture.
- Cover baking dish with completely with aluminum foil and make sure seal is tight. Bake in the preheated oven, 1 hour- 1 hour and 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. (As the chicken is covered it will not brown!)
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Recipe Notes for No Peek Chicken:
Soup: If you head to the pantry to gather your ingredients, don’t fret if the soup you have available differs from the recipe. The mushroom gives great flavor, however, the No Peek Chicken Allrecipes recommends uses cream of celery soup instead of cream of chicken. Chicken and celery also make for a great pair.
Rice: You can use white or brown as long as it’s long grain. The brand typically doesn’t matter, but stay with reputable rice, please. No Peek Chicken with Uncle Ben’s rice always turns out wonderfully!
Peeking: Don’t do it. The results are catastrophic. (Kidding)
Can You Make No Peek Chicken Ahead of Time?
Yes, of course, you can! You can put this dish together up to 24 hours ahead of time. Simply follow the recipe up until it’s time to bake! Store it tightly covered in the fridge until you’re really to roll. When it’s time to chow down, remove it from the fridge, preheat the oven and you’re on your way to dinner!
How Do You Freeze No Peek Chicken?
This dish freezes wonderfully. Simply place your leftovers into your choice of freezer safe containers, and take it out when you’re ready to heat! You can let it thaw and pop it back in the oven, or just put it in the microwave to warm up.
What Do You Serve With No Peek Chicken?
Since No Peek Chicken with white rice gives you a great start to a balanced meal, I like to serve it with some fresh roasted veggies! But hey, you can’t go wrong with some whole wheat or Italian rolls. Toss up a fresh, crunchy salad as an accompaniment.