Imagine thick, fudgey, deliciousness in one recipe and that’s what you’ve got here. Who can resist that combination? I, for one, am not a resister! Come on…. bake up a batch. You know you want to! As with most brownie recipes, this is best when you bake it up the day before you devour the pan….ah…..I mean serve ’em. Enjoy!
Source: Adapted From Nigella Lawson
Triple Chocolate Brownies
- Unsalted Butter - 3 Sticks
- Unsweetened Chocolate - 12 Ounces
- Finely Ground Coffee - 1/4 Teaspoon
- Large Eggs - 6
- Sugar - 2 Cups
- Vanilla Extract - 1 Tablespoon
- All Purpose Flour - 1 1/2 Cups Plus 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1 Teaspoon
- White Chocolate Chips - 1/2 Cup
- Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips - 1/2 Cup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate together in a heavy based pan over low heat. Add coffee and stir until dissolved. Set aside and allow to cool a bit.
3. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla together until well blended. Add egg mixture to cooled chocolate mixture ( if you think the chocolate is still too warm, then temper the eggs, a little at a time, with chocolate) and combine well. Fold in flour and salt just until combined. Fold in both white and semisweet chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly between two well greased 8 inch square pans.
4. Bake for about 25-28 minutes. Brownies are done when top dries out to a slightly paler brown speckle. The center should remain gooey so a toothpick test will NOT work. I think these are even better refrigerated and served cold.