My all time favorite Chicken and Noodle Casserole. It’s a super creamy, cheesy pan of deliciousness that is quick and easy to put together!
When I lived up in Northern California I had a neighbor named Bonnie. She was an amazing cook and baker. Virtually everything that came from her kitchen was beyond delicious. When she had us over for dinner we were almost giddy. We knew we were in store for an amazing meal. She had a collection of cookbooks that rivalled any library collection and subscribed to all the best foodie magazines. There wasn’t anything, and I mean anything, that this woman couldn’t cook and cook well! One day I asked her what her favorite family dinner was and she said Chicken Noodle Casserole. I was floored. With all her experience and vast collection of recipes, this simple meal came down to her family’s favorite and most requested meal.
Well, after many years of making this myself for my family, it is now one of my favorite comfort foods! I love it’s super creamy texture and the onion and mushroom combo flavor the sauce perfectly. Whenever the weather has been cold for too long, or I’m feeling blue or things are super stressful, this, is where I turn. When the whole family is back together and we want something everyone likes this is a go to recipe. I know it’s a simple dish but somehow it transcends all that and just makes darn near everything better.
Good news! It’s quick and easy to fix and will feed a family of 6. Now, for the one little piece of info that some foodies might object to….the sauce is made with canned soup. Oh, for heaven sake, get over it! There’s absolutely no shame!!! Just enjoy this delicious pan of lovin’ from the oven!
Grandma's Chicken and Noodle Casserole
- Dried Spaghetti - 8 Ounces
- Butter - 2 Tablespoons
- Fresh Mushrooms, Sliced - 1 1/2 Cups
- Yellow Onion, Finely Chopped - 1/2 Cup
- Cans Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup - 2 (10.75 Ounces)
- Sour Cream - 1 Cup
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shedded - 1 Cup
- Fully Cooked Rotisserie Chicken, Shredded - 1
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until just al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter then saute mushrooms and onion until both are nice and soft.
- In a large bowl mix soup and sour cream until blended. And cooked mushrooms, onion, chicken and spaghetti and fold until everything is evenly coated with sauce.
- Pour spaghetti into a 9x13 dish and top with cheese. Bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until casserole is heated through.