Amazing Red Velvet Brownies-dense, chewy with just the right amount of Red Velvet tang and chocolate!
I’m so excited to share this Red Velvet Brownie recipe with you.
These are absolutely to DIE for!
I’ve made many a batch of red velvet brownies looking for the recipe that is “the one.”
Finally, I found it.
This one is IT for me.
The brownies have a wonderful chocolaty-ness to them that so many red velvet cake recipes, brownies, cookies, etc are sadly, sadly lacking.
They’re marvelously chewy/fudgy with the essential crunchy brownie top.
For me, this cream cheese icing is the perfect red velvet cake icing.
The icing recipe makes the ideal quantity to nicely frost the top of the brownies. I adore the ratio of icing to brownie.
Honestly, I can’t tell you how very much I LOVE these.
I’m planning on posting my Red Velvet Cheesecake recipe very soon so stay tuned for more red velvet LOVE !!!
Here are some other wonderful Red Velvet Recipes that I’ve really enjoyed:
Source: Southern Living
- Yield : Serves 12
- 4 Ounces Bittersweet Chocolate, Chopped
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 (1 Ounce) Bottle Red Liquid Food Coloring
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoom Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese, at Room Temperature
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Gently stir in flour and next 4 ingredients. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 44 to 48 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 2 hours).
- When brownies are cool make frosting. Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar and salt, beating until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Lift brownies from pan, using foil sides as handles; gently remove foil. Spread Cream Cheese Icing on top of brownies, and cut into 16-20 squares. Garnish, if desired.